To be responsible to develop tax-planning structure to optimize the tax impact of the organization, identify different insurance portfolios to provide coverage for the assets of the company and ensure that the premiums are paid within the specified time. Work with auditors to ensure overall coordination of financial accounting practices.
Finance and Accounts
1. Liaisoning with auditors.
2. Accountable for providing adequate evidences and the documents to the legal team in tax related litigations. Ensure development and deployment of standard operating procedures (SOPs) in the department.
3. Achieve cost savings through implementation of process improvement initiatives.
4. Accountable for the implementation of an audit mechanism to ensure compliances related to tax, monthly MIS process and other TDS related matters.
1. Contribute to the development of divisional tax strategy and ensure translation and alignment during the development and monitoring of departmental strategy including objectives, targets and initiatives.
2. Recommend improvements to department policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of Taxation and insurance so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
3. Direct the preparation of the department budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed. Responsible for identifying and executing mechanisms for tax planning to optimize the tax burden on the organization.
4. Responsible for liaising with tax authorities for managing litigations at various appellate/ judicial levels.
5. Responsible for the assessment of the tax liability of the organization in consultation with the legal authorities and ensure that the advance tax is paid and returns are filed on time.
1. Establish reporting & review mechanisms to track operational performance and ensure course correction & corrective action, as appropriate.
2. Drive a performance driven culture in the team by timely monitoring, review of performance parameters and feedback to the team members.
3. Contribute towards development of talent for the department by providing subordinates with adequate exposure and growth opportunities.
4. Develop relationship, network with counterparts and other organizations in similar industry to leverage leading practices & learning to improve departmental processes.
1. Responsible for identifying various insurance portfolios of the company to ensure effective risk coverage of the assets of the company at optimum cost and accountable for the renewal of the policy on expiry.
2. Responsible for managing the group's purchased insurance covers, insurance claims, tracking progress of all insurable operational losses that could be experienced by the group through appropriate cost-effective insurance programs.
3. Negotiate with insurance companies to identify the most suitable premium and making payments on time.
Finance & Accounts
Qualified Chartered Accountant with post qualification experience 7 - 10 years